Monday 25 October 2010

Happy John Peel Day!

Six years on from John's death. I won't pretend to have listened to him religiously - I think he would've been more essential listening had I been around a decade earlier - but I can think of few others with such immense passion for music. In many ways he's the forefather of the myriad of bloggers all over the internet who have no time for marketing and financial reward, instead relishing the pure joy of music. For that reason, John I salute you. Here are a few of my favourite sessions:

Dancing in the Moonlight by Thin Lizzy (1974)


A Forest by The Cure (1980)


Drain You by Nirvana (1991)


Come out 2nite by Kenickie (1996)


Downs are feminine balloons by Mercury Rev (1993)


There goes my gun by The Pixies (1988)

No comments:

Post a Comment